The premiere destinations for outsourcing services to virtual assistants are the Philippines and India which are considered remote locations. But despite their consistency, many businesses remain hesitant to hire virtual assistants from remote locations. They are concerned that logistical, cultural, social and language differences make it a risky proposition.
The best approach is to start off slow by offering non-essential tasks. Here are 5 risk-free tasks you can safely delegate to your Virtual Assistant:
1. Administrative Responsibilities
Every experienced Virtual Assistant has done time managing the administrative responsibilities of his or her client. Organizing your business is a basic skill requirement for virtual assistants. These include:
- E-mail Filtering
- Calendar Management
- Appointment Setting
- Phone Handling
- Filing of Documents
- Preparation of Presentation Materials
These are standard office responsibilities you can delegate to your remote Virtual Assistant without much risk.
2. Customer Support Services
The undisputed leader in outsourced customer support services is the Philippines and for 3 very good reasons:
- High literacy rate – Philippines’ literacy rate at 98% is one of the highest in the world.
- Excellent quality of English – English is considered the primary language for business and education in the Philippines. In fact, GlobalEnglish ranked the Philippines as number 1 in the world for business English in 2012.
- Perfect cultural fit – The Philippines has been a colony of the Dutch, Spain, the United States and Japan. It has become a cultural melting pot of mores and values which is why Filipinos can easily adapt to any nationality.
Filipinos can adjust their accent to accommodate American, British or Australian English.
3. Social Media Management
Social Media is not a risky proposition because once the campaign has been designed, all the Virtual Assistant has to do is follow the schedule. Social Media Management tasks include:
- Posting content on various social media networks
- Increasing your network by qualifying connections
- Limited engagement with respondents
- Updating images and content
- Content distribution
Social media management is a time consuming task. The schedule for posting will depend on the network. If you want to reduce the risk of mistakes, have spiels available for ready reference in case of engagement.
4. Graphics Design
Images are basically a universal language were interpretation becomes a matter of perspective. You can find virtual assistants who are also talented graphics designers from the Philippines and India.
You can merely discuss with them what you are looking for in a design and submit samples as references. The Virtual Assistant can deliver you 4 to 5 mock ups for your review.
Many of these remote virtual assistants are very accommodating. They will patiently work with you on the design until it conforms to your preference.
5. Content Marketing
One of the biggest misconceptions about hiring remote Virtual Assistants is the language barrier. Overseas clients feel the risk of misunderstanding is always present because there is a difference in relating to language. While this opinion is clearly debatable, there should be no argument when it comes to writing.
You can easily find virtual assistants from remote locations who are exceptional writers and highly talented in creating relevant, engaging and unique content. Not only do they write with skill but they implement the principles of SEO to make sure your content gets found on the Internet.
Remote virtual assistants are also very meticulous when it comes to work. They will review and edit the content until they are confident of the quality and relevance.
A few months into the working arrangement, you will realize that hiring virtual assistants has made your life easier and more convenient. Once you have gained the confidence, you can slowly delegate key tasks to them so you can focus on developing new business.